Ellie and I Skyped for an hour this morning to go over last minute details. (Four more days!) We are going to do a joint post on PACKING before we each leave on Sunday, but in the meantime, here are four awesome things I discovered from our chat:
- There is a nail salon AND a dry cleaning service offered in the building at work.
- There is also a supermarket “super” close to my “flat,” which means I can continue to make BFS’s (Boring F—ing Salads or Sandwiches) for lunch to save money and calories.
- Ellie and I are going to swap hairdryers rather than each of us having to buy new ones, which we’d need to do lest we blow fuses and possibly set things on fire.
- Outside my flat, there are FREE bikes for the borrowing! (Just gotta bring — or get — my own helmet!)
And here’s one annoying thing:
- While free, Skype sorta sucks. What’s with all the delays and frozen pictures? It seemed everything I gave a giggle or an “uh huh” to she heard like 10 seconds later. Anyone know a solution? #WTF